Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Short Slice: Thinking about My Monthly One-Word Intentions

The month is almost over and I am still working on narrowing down my actions and intentions for my one word project this year.  My word is well. This month I am attempting to stay well-grounded.  A death in the family and mid-year data evaluations are two stressful issues that are currently on-going.  When people ask how I am doing, I have been intentionally responding that I am well. It's not a Ms. Grammar response, but more a mind over matters response. If I keep saying it, I can keep believing and become it. Here is a list of my intentions for the upcoming months.  I wrote them thinking about each part of the year and how the known demands that I can foresee. I am still in percolating phase so this is a draft. The unpredictable events challenge us.  Having a map with my intentions helps me from becoming derailed.  How do you chart your course?




  • January: well-grounded
  • February: well-loved
  • March: well-ordered
  • April: well--balanced
  • May: well-informed
  • June: well-conditioned
  • July: well-read
  • August: well-handled
  • September: well-knit
  • October: well-placed
  • November: well-disposed
  • December: well-defined
  • 6 comments:

    1. well is indeed a powerful word. I am so impressed with all the thinking you did about how your OLW would shape you whole year! I am also sorry for the loss of your family member. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Well-fed, well-groomed, well-heeled...you may want to keep going for a few years with well! So sorry to hear that you lost a family member, but you are correct in sticking with your determination to be "well" by saying it. It does help!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Beth, I love how you've picked a focus for each month. I hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea. I'm still working with my OLW, but I like the idea of figuring a way to keep it with us all year long. I'm hoping that we can have a seasonal check-in time (5th Tuesdays) with our OLW through SOL. I proposed it to Betsy who is passing the idea along to TWT.
      So sorry about the loss of your family member and the added stress in your life.
      Keep saying you're well and believing it, so you can become it. I love the intention in that statement.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I am sorry for your loss. I like your monthly plan. It reminds me of Gretchen Rubin's happiness project. Your words make me wonder how I would approach each.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Your intentions appear so well thought out! Theme for each month! I look forward reading how this happens and what you will discover. Well-grounded is a great theme for January!

      ReplyDelete
    6. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and elimination of diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2014. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a glucometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonylureas,Thiazolidinediones but I could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain and bring back the pain again. I found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr James cure her Herpes virus and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from Diabetes by doctor Dr James herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com or his Number +2348152855846 He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGERIA, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION, DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS, CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE, WEAK ERECTION.,PAINFUL OR IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION.Dr James is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com and his Number +2348152855846

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!